2. When someone mentions the word “salsa”, you immediately think of the dance instead of the tomato-based sauce people dip their chips in.
3. You take naps during lunch because you went dancing the night before.
4. You convince yourself that you can survive on 3-4 hours of sleep per night.
5. You’ve considered getting a different/easier day job to co-exist with your Salsa dancing.
6. You lie to your boss and tell him/her that the reason you have to fly to Los Angeles/New York/Miami/Puerto Rico is strictly for business.
7. You get caught watching Salsa clips online at work.
8. You never listen to the radio anymore because all you listen to are Salsa CDs.
9. All you friends will listen to when you go in their car is your Salsa CDs.
10. When you listen to techno, hip hop, or other popular music, you try to find the beat of “La Clave.”
11. You cruise downtown blasting your Salsa music.
12. Your neighbors are wondering what the hell that is you are playing.
13. You sneak out to your car during working hours just so you can listen to a few Salsa tunes.
14. Friday and Saturday nights are off-limits for any event because you simply CANNOT miss your Salsa fix.
15. When you say, “I need my FIX for the week!” you are not referring to drugs.
16. When you tell your friends, “I’m going out this weekend,” they already know you are going Salsa dancing.
17. All your “former” friends have abandoned you.
18. You don’t even miss your “former” friends, as long as you have your Salsa partners.
19. You have met all new and more permanent friends who understand you better.
20. You argue about how Salsa should be danced with your new friends.
21. Your family does not understand what you are ranting and raving about.
22. Your boyfriend/girlfriend does not understand the “strictly plutonic” relationship you have with your Salsa partners because you just cannot wait to see them again.
23. Your dump your boyfriend/girlfriend because they are getting in the way of your Salsa training.
24. After you break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend, you go out Salsa dancing.
25. You have lost 10 lbs. from dancing so much.
26. You start wearing tight t-shirts.
27. Your skirts are getting shorter and shorter.
28. You started working out again because you want to fit into sexier Salsa outfits.
29. You say you are going shopping for new business clothes, but you are secretly Salsa
30. You start spending more money on Salsa clothes than work clothes.
31. You own multiple pairs of dance shoes.
32. You dance Salsa in your dreams.
33. You wake up mumbling “1,2,3…5,6,7..” (or “2,3,4…6,7,8”).
34. You practice turns when no one is looking.
35. You bust out into Salsa steps while waiting to use the restroom.
36. People do not know you are secretly practicing your footwork when they are speaking with you on the phone.
37. You watch anything that deals with body movement (karate, gymnastics, figure skating, etc.) because you are trying to devise new Salsa moves.
38. You are the only non-latino in the Musica Latina section.
39. You sing songs with words you don’t even understand.
40. Spanish expressions, such as “Que Rico!” and “Caliente!” are now part of your everyday vocabulary.
41. You begin convincing everyone around you that they have to learn to dance Salsa.
42. You try your Salsa moves in a hip hop dance club with somebody who has never partner danced.
43. You have searched and found EVERY Salsa club in town.
44. Not only that, but you know who own them, who teaches where, and how much Salsa they play at each one.
45. You walk into a club and everyone there is like family to you.
46. Salsa bands know you by name.
47. Club owners hate you because all you drink is the free water.
48. Salsa lessons and club cover fees are now a permanent part of your monthly expenses.
49. You used to be shy, but you are becoming increasingly confident, popular, and willing to show off every chance you get!
50. You cannot imaging life without Salsa.
51. You would rather have Salsa than sex.
52. You become non-productive because all you’re thinking about is the weekend and going Salsa dancing.
53. You start talking 100 mph just because someone shows an interest in Salsa dancing.
54. You are on the web all day long visting Salsa sites (and posting on Dance Forums!)
55. You are in church listening to the sermon, but secretly you are dancing in your head.
56. You own several Salsa instructional videos.
57. You are on one those videos.
58. When someone says “Do a CBL,” you know what that means because you now speak Salsa-Code.
59. You have pictures of youself Salsa dancing.
60. You go on vacation and, instead of looking forward to seeing the main attraction, you cannot wait until you check out the local Salsa scene.
61. You start to travel more just so you can see Salsa somewhere else.
62. You start clearing space at home so you can practice Salsa there.
63. You install wooden floors in your house.
64. You get stopped (in grocery stores, in the mall, etc.) by random people telling you that they have seen you dance.
65. The only time you rest in the club is during the merengue breaks.
66. Your shoes are worn out from spinning so much.
67. You have bruises from all those dips, flips, tricks, etc.
68. You decide that going out Salsa dancing is more important than studying for that big exam.
69. You and your partner dance in the oddest places (airports, stores, at work, etc.)
70. You become jealous when watching your dance partner, whom you have had no relations with, dance with another person.
71. You have Salsa music on your voicemail.
72. You quit watching TV.
73. You do you leg workout earlier in the week so you can have “fresh” legs for your Salsa weekend.
74. You have a screen name/email address with “salsa” somehow in it.
75. You decide the only man/woman you will marry has to be a Salsa dancer!